Active Consulting is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service, including protecting your privacy. We honour without reservation our obligation to respect and protect the privacy of your personal information, in accordance with and subject to the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, National Privacy Principles and any other applicable privacy laws in Australia.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify or remove portions of this Privacy Statement at any time. You should review this Privacy Statement periodically so that you are updated on any changes.
We do not make any representations about third party information or sources that may be included or provided in connection with services offered by Active.
Why do we need your personal information? What kinds of personal information do we collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide you with services, answer your enquiries, deal with your requests or improve the services we offer you, including but not limited to the following information:
- information such as your name, address, email and other contact details if and where reasonably required;
- such personal information required in the forms you complete contained in this website or any other information required in this website;
- any other documents or information that is provided to Active, whether at the request of Active or any of its consultants, employees, agents or third party contractors, from time to time.
- It is not mandatory to provide such personal information to us, however if we do not collect this personal information from you, we may not be able to provide you with the services or assistance you have requested.
How do we collect your personal information?
- We collect personal information in a number of ways, including but not limited to:
- directly from you, for example, when you provide information by in our meetings, in filling out forms or other agreements connected with our services, or when you submit your personal details via this website;
- from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information; and
- from our own records of how you use Active services.
How we use your personal information?
- Your personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to our services;
- provide the services you require or where we are not authorised to provide such services refer you to third party persons who can provide such services to you;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop our services;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with a better service; and
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure.
Security of your personal information
We may disclose information held about you to the following types of organisations:
- Estate agents and estate agencies
- Third party suppliers who we have engaged to provide you with goods or services on our behalf, so that they can meet your request for those goods or services.
- Third party suppliers of goods and services so that they can contact you directly about their offers, promotions, goods or services. If we do disclose your personal information for this purpose, we will always give you the opportunity to request that your information not be disclosed for this purpose in future.
- Relevant public authorities, our legal representatives or other concerned parties, in special situations where, either: (a) we have reason to believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, other clients or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; or (b) we believe, in good faith, that the law requires disclosure.
We will endeavour to take reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may provide from time to time and ensure its security on our systems. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our services are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we are not responsible for events arising from any and all unauthorised access to your personal information, which is beyond our control.
Correction and Access
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep accurate and up to date any information which we hold about you. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you contact us to have the information corrected.
You can also gain access to the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions provided for by law. To request access to your personal information, please contact us.
Problems or Questions